About Me

My photo
I'm straightforward easygoing guy. Someone who likes the simple pleasures in life - like walking along a stream in Spring, watching a glorious red sunset, or enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee on my back deck. I like helping out my friends. I try not to be fussy and go with the flow if possible. Minor stuff - I don't sweat it. But I take very strong stands on the important issues like my Catholic faith. I detest and avoid greedy, irrational rude people who take advantage of my goodwill and think I'm a pushover. I like being in places which are tranquil and bring you inner peace. It could be at the beach or my favorite fishing lake, my backyard in North Huntingdon or just a drive in the country.

Go Green With Natural Cleaners

Go Green With Natural Cleaners
Click The Dog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Disarm That Sneaky Inner Saboteur

9) Disarm That Sneaky Inner Saboteur

Even when we know what we need to do, we often don’t do it out of fear of experiencing the emotions and other things that may come up as a result. Fear of failure and fear of success are the two biggest internal fears that people often face. Most other fears such as fear of rejection fall underneath one of these major categories. As human beings, we will go to great lengths to avoid our fears. That is why so many ideas never get beyond being a great idea, or projects are started and never finished. It is easy to find reasons, excuses, other diversions or projects, create chaos, and sometimes to even create emergencies to avoid these negative feelings or outcomes.

One of the most important things you can do is allow it to be okay to have these feelings. Then step back and notice what it is you do to get in your own way. When you have identified what you do, you can make a conscious decision to do it differently.

No comments: